PSDC FALL CAMP OUT
October 14 – 16, 2016
Boy Scout Camp Acahela, 359 Acahela Rd, Blakeslee, PA 18610
This is a weekend that is fairly unstructured. You can train as much as you want or as little as you want. Maybe take the opportunity to ask veteran mushers training tips, feeding tips, or just tell mushing stories around the beautiful lodge fire place.
Saturday night we will have a Mushers Ball, with ballroom dance lessons. Black tie optional (you may come dressed however you are comfortable). Who will win the mirror ball trophy? Who will be best dressed?
Saturday night we will also have social around the big fireplace in dinning hall. Please be discreet with alcoholic beverages. This is a boy scout camp and there will be boy scouts present.
Sunday - ALL ARE ASKED TO HELP CLEAN UP THE DINNING HALL ON SUNDAY AFTER BREAKFAST. Please clean up around your dog area as well. Sleeping accomadations need to be swept and trash removed
Training as desired.
Bunk house – this is an open bay bunk house, first come first serve, no bed assignments, coed. Bring your own bed linens, pillows and towels. These are twin bunks. Showers and flush toilets available. $20 / person per night.
Tent camping – there are wooden platforms, or you can pick a spot in the nicely wooded area. $20 / site / night. (no camping on parade field)
Camper parking – no hook ups - $20/ night. Please do not park on parade field in front of dining hall.
Cooks cabin – 2 rooms 1 bath - $80 / weekend / room. (only 2 rooms)
Saturday Breakfast $5 / person(under 3 free) Pancakes, sausage, eggs, orange juice, coffee Reservations suggested
Saturday Lunch – Soup salad & pie will be available for sale. Proceeds will go to 2016 Race season purse money
Saturday Turkey Dinner - $15 / person (under 3 free) Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, apple crisp, pumpkin pie, iced tea. Vegetarian option available with registration.
Sunday Breakfast – $5 / person (under 3 free) French toast casserole, eggs made to order, bacon, orange juice, coffee & tea.
DOT APPROVED HELMETS REQUIRED WHEN RIDING ATVS FOR TRAINING ONLY.
You can bring dog tucks and park near dining hall, BUT PLEASE NO DOG TRUCKS OR STAKEOUTS ON PARADE FIELD IN FRONT OF DINNING HALL. We will have area marked as such. Please clean up after your dogs.
Feel free to “decorate” for Halloween!
FRIDAY October 14, 2016
- Trails open for training
- DOT approved helmets required when riding ATVs ( for training ONLY)
- 5:30 – 7 :00 PM Dinner $7 / person
- Reservations suggested – Baked potato Bar, brownies/ ice cream
- 7:30 pm - Board meeting
SATURDAY October 15, 2016
- 7:00 - 8:30 AM Breakfast $5 / person (under 3 free)
- Pancakes, sausage, eggs, orange juice, coffee. Reservations suggested.
- 8:30 - 12:00 PM Training Session
- DOT approved helmets required when riding ATVs (for training ONLY)
- 10:30 -?? Possible sled dog demo for Boy Scouts on site
- Noon - Lunch
- Soup, sandwich & pie available for sale. Proceeds go to 2016 - 2017 Race Purses
- All day - Silent Auction (bidding closes at 8:00pm)
- 1:00 – 2:30 PM – Using Race works for timing
- 1:00 – 2:30 PM – Training for Race official Jobs
- 3:00 – 4:30 PM - Fall general membership meeting
- Jr Activity available during afternoon
- 6:00 PM – Turkey Dinner - $15/ person (under 3 free)
- Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, Cranberry sauce, apple Crisp, pumpkin pie. Vegetarian option available if reguested on registration. Bring your own beverage!
- 8:00 PM - Mushers Ball
- Black tie attire (or come as you are). Ballroom Dance lessons, who will win the mirror ball trophy? Who will be the best dressed?
- 8:00 PM - Silent Auction ends
- 9:00 PM – Evening social continues around indoor fire place
SUNDAY October 16, 2016
- 8:00 - 9:30 AM Breakfast – $5 / person (under 3 free)
- French toast Cassarole, eggs made to order, bacon, orange juice, coffee & tea – reservations suggested
- Training - DOT approved helmets required when riding ATVs (for training ONLY.)
- Dining Hall Clean Up – After Breakfast - Volunteers Needed and Greatly Appreciated!